Waccamaw Community Foundation serves Georgetown and Horry county nonprofits through a twice-yearly competitive grant program, as well as through specialized donor-advised grants. We accept applications for our competitive grants in the second and fourth quarter of each year. The majority of our grants are awarded through donor-advised funds, which are given at the recommendation of the donor and do not have open applications.
If you have never applied for a grant from Waccamaw Community Foundation, please contact Kristen before you submit your application by emailing [email protected] or calling 843-357-4483.
Applying for Grants
Waccamaw Community Foundation has a new online application system for our nonprofit community. We are excited to offer this improved, streamlined service.
We are accepting applications NOW for our current competitive grant cycle. The application deadline is January 10,2018. Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Register your organization on the nonprofit portal of our affiliate, Coastal Community Foundation.
- If you have already registered, log on to begin your application.
- Once you are logged onto the portal, click on the ‘Waccamaw Community Foundation Application” link and follow the instructions.
- Need help? Begin by watching the simple, instructional videos on the Coastal Community Foundation YouTube channel.
To apply for one of our competitive grants, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 designation.
- Programs/projects must serve Horry and/or Georgetown Counties only.
- If awarded a grant, you must supply a status report for the grant at your program’s conclusion or within one year.
If you are a recipient of a previous grant from Waccamaw Community Foundation, the following conditions must be satisfied for a new application to be considered:
- One full year must have passed from your most recent successful grant.
- All funds from your last award must be spent before submitting a new application.
- A Status Report from your last grant must be completed and submitted to [email protected].
Online applications are open twice annually in November and April with submission deadlines in early January and June.