Boone Foundation Scholarship
Boone Foundation Scholarship Awards are available to residents of South Carolina according to the following criteria. Click here for the application. If you are seeking to renew your scholarship, please email [email protected] for the application link.
- Preference to students from Horry County.
- Must be enrolled in a graduate degree program in law or the performing arts at the University of South Carolina, George Washington University, Converse College, or Winthrop University.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.5.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Nominations must be received through the institution’s Office of Financial Aid.
Scholarship Renewal Provisions
- The recipient is still pursuing a graduate degree in law or the performing arts.
- The recipient continues to maintain a minimum 3.5 grade point average.
- The recipient still qualifies for financial aid.
John M. Draughn and Trena B. Draughn Scholarship
This scholarship, in an amount up to $2,000.00, is to be awarded to a North Myrtle Beach High School Senior who maintains high moral principles, is trustworthy, and exhibits leadership qualities.
Applicants should contact their Guidance Counselor to apply for this scholarship, or with any questions pertaining to the scholarship process. The criteria listed below will be submitted to the Waccamaw Community Foundation by their Guidance Counselor. Click here for the application.
- Applicant must be accepted and attend either Coastal Carolina University (CCU) or Horry Georgetown Technical College (HGTC).
- A GPA above 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required.
- Applicant must show financial need.
- An essay of 200 words or less is required telling why you feel you should receive the scholarship.
- An official transcript must be included.
- Major in a business related field of study.
- Preference is given to students with some work history in the past two years.
- Nominations must be received through the North Myrtle Beach High School Guidance Department.
Sharon Malone Scholarship for Habitat for Humanity
This scholarship in the amount of $2,500.00 per year and is renewable for up to four (4) years is to be awarded to a graduating senior who is a dependent of a Habitat for Humanity homeowner in Horry County or Georgetown Counties. Click here for the application.
- Recipient must be a dependent family member of a Habitat for Humanity homeowner in Horry County or Georgetown County.
- The Recipient’s family must be in “good standing” with Habitat for Humanity. (i.e. current on mortgage)
- Recipient should express good moral character.
- Essay of no more than two double-spaced pages expressing why the applicant feels he/she should receive the scholarship.
- GPA of 2.5 or better and must be maintained for renewal.
Nominations must be submitted through the Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity of Horry County or Georgetown County.
Sue’s Hope Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to be awarded to a North Myrtle Beach High School or North Myrtle Beach Christian Academy Senior. Click here for the application.
- Essay “Vision For My Future Education” of no more than 500 words. Student Essay should demonstrate:
- A sense of “hope” despite obstacles in student’s life, examples of challenges or obstacles student has overcome, and how student is trying to (or has already achieved) turning his or her life around;
- His or her potential, and his or her desire to succeed.
- School transcript with GPA of 2.5 or higher, on a 4.0 scale. (Note: This scholarship is not intended for the top performing academic student, but rather for the student who would be “left behind” because of finances, for not being the top performing academic student, or for some other obstacle.)
- Community service record from teacher in charge of all community service hours for graduating students.
- Official record of clubs, organizations, and individual achievements.
Nominations must be received through the North Myrtle Beach High School Guidance Department or through the North Myrtle Beach Christian Academy Guidance Department.
Thomas W. Jones Memorial Scholarship
This renewable scholarship is to be awarded to a graduating high school senior or current student at the University of South Carolina’s School of Engineering. Graduating seniors can access the application here, and current college students should click here. If you are seeking to renew your scholarship, please email [email protected] for the renewal application.
- Applicant must attend the University of South Carolina enrolled in the School of Engineering.
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required.
- Applicant must have ties to either Georgetown or Horry County.
Mildred E. Swatko Memorial Scholarship
This renewable scholarship is awarded to a student enrolled in the Nursing or Golf Course programs at Horry-Georgetown Technical College. Click here for the application.
- Applicant must have maintained a “C” average or better in high school.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Preference for this scholarship is to Nursing Program students.
- No more than 250-word essay establishing why they deserve the scholarship.
- To receive this scholarship for each academic year, student must remain in good standing with a minimum of a 2.8 GPA or higher.